[Towertalk] Balun Location (more)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Balun Location (more)
From: kc2tn@comcast.net (KC2TN)
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 19:12:20 -0400
Was kinda half watching this thread about baluns and just
realized there was some mention of weatherproofing terminations.

I just had this problem and resorted to a product by Star Brite
called Liquid Electrical Tape. I got it at home Depot but
it's available on the internet:
http://www.go2marine.com/frameset.jsp?servletPath=/g2m/action/GoBPage/id/16873F/hiLiteSku/16876/cate
goryId/12860/

While I don't know how it's going to perform over the long haul
it was quite easy to apply with the built in applicator. It sets
up real well and can be put on in layers. It claims to be UV
resistant, waterproof and a good dielectric.

AND it's BLACK....does this qualify as Black Goop?

Joe  - KC2TN