[Towertalk] Commercial 300W Amp

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Commercial 300W Amp
From: kb9cry@attbi.com (Phil - KB9CRY)
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 21:56:50 -0500
Neighbors don't want to hear about, don't know anything about, PRB-1.
 What I used to say, when I lived in a close in neighborhood, is that my
station is licensed by the FCC.  I transmit "radio signals".  Your TV or
telephone is supposed to pick up TV or telephone signals.  If is it
picking up my radio signals, then there is a problem with your equipment
not mine.  Then you whip out the filters and such, if they are willing,
and show them the solution.  There is an engineering solution to every
rfi problem.  As long as you are clean and properly grounded and
filtered (low pass filter on the output), then the problem is always
(most always) at the other end.  Now you have to use diplomacy
techniques.  (Not printed in the ARRL manual!)  Good luck.  Phil  KB9CRY