[Towertalk] Multiple Antennas on One Feed-line

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Multiple Antennas on One Feed-line
From: spelunk.sueno@prodigy.net (EUGENE SMAR)
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 01:15:35 -0400
Jeff:

     There is always (usually) more than one way to skin a cat.  How much
will two di/triplexers cost vs another run of CATV hardline?  Or even vs a
run of new 50 Ohm coax if you can't find more hardline?  For my money, I'd
go whichever way is cheapest.  I believe the triplexers I saw from Comet
were around $80 each, and you'd need two, one for either end of the line.
Plus, your CATV hardline is a multiple of half-wavelength on 2 Meters.  How
long, in wavelengths, is it on 6M?  You might have to deal with some oddball
impedances on 6M.

GL es 73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F