[Towertalk] Soldering at the top of the tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Soldering at the top of the tower
From: k4oj@tampabay.rr.com (k4oj)
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 22:19:42 -0400
unless you are overapllying - the paste flux goes up in smoke so to
speak with only an occassional droplet.

I also clean the oxidation off of the "inner" aluminum tubing before
applying noalox and overlapping it into the next size up - to me using
flux is similar - it is like insurance!

K4OJ

mcduffie@actcom.net wrote:

>On Sun, 20 Oct 2002 17:39:49 -0500, Jon Ogden wrote:
>

>>I solder my PL-259's all the time w/o flux.
>>

>Likewise.  I've never used flux (other than what's in good quality solder)
>on a connector and can't imagine putting that messy stuff on the parts.  How
>would you clean it off of the surfaces and out of the inners?
>
>Forty plus years of soldering PL's, and a firm believer.
>

>a g 0 n at a r r l dot n e t
>http colon slash slash mcduffie dot ws

multipart/alternative
  text/html