[Towertalk] Collins Balun details?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Collins Balun details?
From: jpk5lad@cox.net (jpk5lad@cox.net)
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 18:00:01 -0500
Does anyone have any information on collins coaxial baluns?

Thank You

Daniel L Bowles KC5GGR
=======

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
>Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 06:25:14 +0000
>
>To whom it may concern,
>
>  Does anyone have a copy of the collins balun file that is
referenced in  a previous posting to the list? I tried the link to the file
but unfortunately it is a dead link.

>ftp://ftp.skypoint.com/pub/members/t/tao/docs/Coax-Line-
Transformers.pdf
>Daniel L Bowles KC5GGR
--------------------------

Daniel --
I went back and dug around and found the following message
concerning the Collins balun.  If you have access to some of the
older Ham Radio magazine or the CD-ROMs containing them, you
might be able to find what you need.
Good Luck and 73,
Jim - K5LAD
jpk5lad@cox.net

Date sent:              Sat, 05 Dec 1998 12:48:50 +1300
From:                   Martin Ellis <jmellis@ihug.co.nz>
To:                     towertalk@contesting.com

Good morning,
I  am repairing an old tribander which has a split element
feed, with a balun made from coax.  The instruction manual says:
 "The balun used is the <Collins Balun> refer Ham Radio,
  Feb and Mar 1980 issues for discussions regarding this balun.
 Do not substitute any other type or brand of balun for that
 supplied."

Is anyone able to provide construction details for a
Collins Balun?

Regards,
Martin ZL1ANJ

My Web Page - http://www.hayseed.net/~jpk5lad