[Towertalk] mosley trap failure

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] mosley trap failure
From: iz5asz@libero.it (Massimo IZ5ASZ)
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 20:08:06 +0200
Hello ,
I am  Massimo IZ5ASZ I write this E-mail for a friend of mine.

My name is Patrizio, I  own an antenna Mosley PRO 57 B =20
Now, after one year one trap is burnt on 20 meters and even the others =
one has suffered.=20
I have opend it and with disappoint I have seen that the wire is =
complitely melted=20
Comparing the trap of the PRO 57 B with one of my old  antenna CL33 the =
gauge wires are the same.
I wonder.  How can be possible that? When the PRO57B is rated for 5 Kw =
and the other one is 2.5 Kw?
Maybe the traps were faulty?
The amplifire that I use mount two tubes 4CX800A7. I operate only SSB =
mode I am not a contester=20
no RTTY and neither CW.
I have seen on the technical sheet that They rated the TA series and the =
PRO series for the same power 600 W RTTY. and the 2.5 Kw  for the TA and =
5 Kw for PRO. Very strange.
Has anybody experience things like this?
I have sent  2 e-mail  to Mosley no replay yet.

Best Regards
 I5ZSS and IZ5ASZ

multipart/alternative
  text/html