[Towertalk] KL7Y info

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] KL7Y info
From: wl7e@arrl.net (Joe)
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 05:34:06 +0000
My very long time best friend, Dan KL7Y

      I have spoken with Dan's family and asked permission to post the
following information. I have offered to handle any email condolences
regarding Dan KL7Y. I will take them with me to Illinois for the funeral to
give them to his family and long time girl friend. The information is
listed at the bottom. Please pass this to the different reflectors Dan may
have been on.
      I had the very great honor and privilege of knowing and contesting
with Dan from 1979 until his last contest at the KH7R station last week. I
recall looking over at Dan on the 20m station during our last contest
together while he was working EU late at night. He gave me the 'thumbs up'
as he always did from his home station every time. He was having fun. When
he left the KH7R station headed for Kona I told him 'see you next month.'
To my great sorrow this will be my last trip to see my friend Dan.
      This is a great loss to the contesting community, ham radio, and the
lives of many. To those of you who have expressed condolences and inquired
about the services, I say thank you. There are no words that can describe
Dan. But I believe the post from John WA2GO sums Dan up eloquently and
concisely. John is one of the KL7Y contest group who also went to Hawaii
for Dan's last contest.

Yo,
A kinder, more generous gentleman you will not find anywhere. Dan was
Alaska's amateur radio ambassador to the world, was a great elmer, a great
technician, a first class operator, and a touchingly benevolent person. He
happily shared his station and his skills with anyone who wished to be
blessed with his company. He had no secrets, no skeletons, no "bad" side. I
loved that guy, and I will miss him for the rest of my life. He will live
on as an inspiration to anyone who knew him.

73 Danno,

John
WA2GO

Dan was a levi and tshirt kind of guy. The family will be burying him in
his favorite attire. Anyone who can attend the services please know that
casual attire is appropriate.

73,
Joe - WL7E

Email condolences:
wl7e@arrl.net

Funeral services:
Congdon Funeral Home
3012 Sheridan
Zion, IL

Wake: Friday November 8th between 5:00p  8:00p
Funeral: Saturday November 9th at 10:00a
Dinner after Interment

Daniel K Robbins Memorial fund:
c/o Bridgeview Bank
11411 West Wadsworth Road