[Towertalk] shunt fed tower radiation point

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] shunt fed tower radiation point
From: dlabat@tcinternet.net (Dave LaBat)
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 08:17:33 -0600
I am going to attempt to shunt feed my tower for 160, with cables drapped
down the outside and all. I know this will add a variable to the problem,
but with a US Tower MA550 there isn't much choice. If it works, it works, if
not I am no worse off on 160 than I am now. My question is where the current
maximum is at. The feed point for my verticals has been about 10 feet lower
then my house, which has resulted in miserable performance even with lots of
radials. Anyone have any sense of if this will be better? Any other ideas? I
am switching to a Force 12 Sigma for 80, will put it in the front yard for
contests, With the current max in the middle, the F12 will be about 35-40
feet higher than the 80 meter 1/4 wave in the back. For now I am trying to
switch to an 80 meter Delta loop in the back. Thanks for any ideas guys!
Dave KØXH