[Towertalk] DCU-1 diagnosis and/or repair?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] DCU-1 diagnosis and/or repair?
From: k3gp@arrl-dot-com (George K3GP)
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 05:45:12 -0000
Towertalkians:

Has anyone had any experience with (1) diagnosing a dead DCU-1 rotor
control box, or (2) A repair facility that handles this work that they
can recommend?

I took a lightning hit that entered through my cable modem (it was
totally cooked), proceeded to zap the motherboard thru the Ethernet port
and then out to the DCU-1 via the serial port. I have not yet opened the
DCU-1 to do a visual assessment of the damage, so it may not be pretty.
Miraculously, the FT-990 which was connected to the second serial port
came through unscathed!

333-3333
George K3GP