[Towertalk] OH my GOD...it's happened!!!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] OH my GOD...it's happened!!!
From: k6rix@arrl.net (Dino Darling)
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 18:35:58 -0800
Force 12 makes LPDAs!  I had an e-mail exchange with Force 12 a while back
and was told Force 12 would NEVER build LPDAs!  The reasoning I got was
that there is no advantage for the Amateur (I wanted it for Navy MARS) and
that there were a few companies already making them.  I was even pointed to
Mr. Cebik to read about the performance of these antennas.

Well, I would sure like to see one!  I hope there is plans for a 40 meter
kit on the back.

Also, the log will work better than my dipole anyday!  The neighbors will
hate it!...and I don't care!  There is nothing prettier than a big ol' log!

When I was a child, I thought like a child...and to think I used to hate
the way Force 12s looked.  Well, its only a matter of time now!

For all those who ASKED Force 12 for a LPDA, your time has come!  (I was
told that F12 got a "number of requests" for a log but they were not
interested...now if Ten-Tec would only build a purpose built AM radio for
80/40/10!)

BTW, Team Vertical leaves for Jamaica in a couple of
days!  http://www.k2kw.com/cqwwcw2002/  Verticals on the beach...what a life!

Dino...k6rix@arrl.net