[Towertalk] antenna corrosion

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] antenna corrosion
From: billwall@eyecon-solutions.com (Bill Wall)
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 06:47:25 -0500
Hi all:
Glenn, we had a problem with a Florida station. What we found to work pretty
good was : take antenna apart. Next clean antenna with # 1 steel wool. Next
wash with lacquer thinner. Over wash to be sure steel wool is removed.
Assemble antenna using a liberal coat of Nolox electrical connection
compound at the joints used for copper to aluminum connections, different
names and brands, found at all electrical suppliers. Then apply a two part,
heavy coat application of clear epoxy type paint. This has worked for us for
14 years on the Gulf coast.
I hope this helps,
         Bill  Wall  KC4UZ @  Antenna Mart