[Towertalk] 40 & 30 Meter Beams

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] 40 & 30 Meter Beams
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 08:17:02 -0600
Sounds like a good plan Tom.

Is the BOOM strong enough to support the additional
wind and weight load of the 30M elements?

A 30M antenna interlaced inside a 40M beam 'should' have
little or no effect on the 40M antenna.  The 40M antenna 'may'
affect the 30M beam.  Since he DE's are insulated split dipoles,
you could play with the termination of the unused feedlines
(open, short, change lengths) to see if you can find a termination
that minimizes any interactions.

Tom  N4KG