[Towertalk] Re: Ham IV Brake Slips?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Re: Ham IV Brake Slips?
From: sm2ekm@telia.com (Jan Erik Holm)
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 05:47:53 +0100
This solution from KK9A is not correct.
The HamIV has a mechanical break,  a wedge that goes in to a
slot in the housing, it is very common that the wedge breaks.
Hopefully (usually) it´s only that wedge that has gone, a new
one is just a few dollars, This rotor doctor guy in W8 land
has new ones that are better then the stock units since they
are made out of harder metal.
It´s very simple to fix but since I understand that you guys
in the states hardly do anything by yourself I guess you just
will send it in to the shop.

73 good luck Jim SM2EKM

PS: Don´t remember the name of this rotor doctor guy but
I thing you can find it yourself