[Towertalk] Power ground rod driver summary, and a question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Power ground rod driver summary, and a question
From: faunt@panix.com (Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604)
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 15:18:49 -0500 (EST)
Note that ground rods are allowed to be put in the ground at an angle
up to 45 degrees or buried in a trench at least 2 1/2 feet deep if the
rock is too close to the surface.

Greenlee used to make a ground rod driver that fit into a standard
handheld airhammer.  Unfortunately, when I saw one, I didn't have
compressed air handy, and now that I have compressed air handy, I can't
locate the driver.  I have used that sort of air hammer for digging in
the extremely tenacious clay that's about 3' down here.

73, doug