[Towertalk] Force 12 vs. Cushcraft who wins?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Force 12 vs. Cushcraft who wins?
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com (Cqtestk4xs@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 20:13:15 EST
In a message dated 12/2/02 1:01:35 AM Greenwich Standard Time, n4kg@juno.com
writes:

<< A FULL SIZE 3L20 on a 24 ft boom MAY achieve 8-8.5 dBi gain.
 That is 6-6.5 dB over a dipole.  And you believe the little A3
 on a 14 ft boom might have the same gain in 20M?   NO  WAY.

 A FULL SIZE 3L20 on a 14 ft boom MIGHT achieve 7-7.5 dBi
 or 5-5.5 dB over a dipole (with NO traps).   See the W2PV
 Yagi Design Book, Chapter 2, for graphs of 3L Yagi gains
 vs element tuning and boom length. >>

I use the A-3 antennnas for 'spray' antennas to supplement my stacks.  They
are nice little antennas, but there is no way they can even come close my KT
34XA much less mono banders.
Bill K4XS