[Towertalk] B&W - It just ain't the same

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] B&W - It just ain't the same
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 10:17:18 -0500
I just had an unpleasant experience on the phone with B&W.  I was looking
for the isolation spec on a B&W 594 coax transfer switch.  Once the guy
realized I didn't want one of their high-priced current antenna models, he
couldn't have been less interested.   I wouldn't even have minded the
outcome, if the guy had been a little more sympathetic, but the bottom line
was "go away."

Anyone out there got a manual for one of these switches, or any idea where
I might find one?  My thought is to use it to swap either of my two radios
to one of two sets of antennas.  However, one station runs 100 watts, the
other 1KW, and I'm leery of there being too much coupling between the two
radios.  Unfortunately, I don't have the test equipment to determine it
experimentally.

73, Pete N4ZR
Sometimes a tower is just a tower