[Towertalk] Lubing Crank-Up Cable

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Lubing Crank-Up Cable
From: hwardsil@centurytel.net (Ward Silver)
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 12:59:05 -0800
> Anyone have any ideas,  or how do you lube your crank up
> cable high and inside the tubular sections?
>
> 73,  Jim  KH7M

Same trouble here, but I put a spray tube on the nozzle and then only
release enough pressure for the stuff to come out in a stream.  I hold the
tube against the cable where it goes down the hole into the telescoping
section.  Then I spray until KD7DQO or FYX at the bottom tells me "It's
dripping!".  I hope that means that the lubricant has run down the cable to
the pulley area.  On the middle section, I have DQO or FYX crank it up while
I'm at the top of the bottom section (the tower is mounted against the
house) and spray the lube on the cable as it's being wound in.

I'll let you know in another five or six years if that works :-)

73, Ward N0AX