[Towertalk] RE: Topband: stripping enameled wire

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] RE: Topband: stripping enameled wire
From: htodd@twofifty.com (Hisashi T Fujinaka)
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 22:25:13 -0800 (PST)
Rick Campbell says use a knife to scrape the insulation off. One of my DX
club buddies (K7ZUM who is often in PJ7 for CQWW) rewinds motors for a
living and he says they have some chemicals to strip enamel but he
generally uses a special mechanical scraper. He also mentioned using a
butane lighter, but I've found the knife to work the best for me.

Lots of options!

--
Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd@twofifty.com
BSEE (6/86) + BSChem (3/95) + BAEnglish (8/95) + $2.50 = mocha latte