[Towertalk] Re: Towertalk digest, Vol 1 #781 - 12 msgs

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Re: Towertalk digest, Vol 1 #781 - 12 msgs
From: fouquet@InsightBB.com (William Fuqua III)
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 23:41:50 -0500

>Another method I have seen used is to dip the end of the wire into a
>ball of molten solder and then wipe off the residue. It takes a bit of
>practice, like many procedures.

This works only with special enamel wire with solder soluble insulation.
Belden makes it by a brand name of Belsol. It does not work with ordinary
enamel wire.

73
Bill wa4lav

The gooey stuff is called Strip-X made by General Cement. But it is hard to
get because it contains every bad organic solvent known to man. It also
evaporates very quickly.