[Towertalk] re water pipe ground

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] re water pipe ground
From: rudym@net-link.net (Rudy Marcelletti, K8SWD)
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 12:30:40 -0500
Often there is a rubber coupler at the end of the pipe--but if it was =
done right, there should be a ground strap from the pipe to the service =
panel ground.  At least the electricians did this in my house--or was it =
the plumber?

I run a short ground cable to the nearest pipe from my 20 year old Yeasu =
station.  The rest of the shack is on a different ground strap, but it =
is all tied in together (towers, bulkhead, service, phone, well, =
AC--everything.

Be sure it is not a gas pipe (they are black) you are clamping too!

You can always drill a hole in the floor beneath your shack and run a =
new ground rod too.  I did this at one place I lived.  The run for the =
ground wire was too long to the ground rod and it resonated.  All =
problems stopped when I put in a new ground rod through the basement =
floor.
Rudy Marcelletti, K8SWD

multipart/alternative
  text/html