[Towertalk] 450 ohm ladder line strain relief

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] 450 ohm ladder line strain relief
From: k6uj@pacbell.net (Bob Harmon)
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 15:33:52 -0800
Barry,
I make my own open wire line feeding an 80 meter delta
loop and I use the plastic "weedeater" line woven
in and out thru the open wire line and I let the weedeater line be taut
compared to the open wire line so there is no strain on the connections.  It
works pretty well, before
the feedline kept fatiguing and breaking at the connections. Now no problem
even after very windy periods.

Bob,
K6UJ