[Towertalk] Correction to four square listing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Correction to four square listing
From: w0yg@plusten.net (W0YG Charlie Summers)
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 23:30:33 -0000
I initially listed my four square with the following description:

I have four free standing base loaded Force 12 80M verticals that I
currently use in a four square.  I want to sell the antennas and the phasing
box.  I will sell the four antennas separate for 1000.00 or the four
antennas with the Comtek phasing network for 1250.00.  I also have four 3/8
wave 50 ohm phasing lines that are essentially new with connectors each end
for $275.00.  I will split or combine in any way but not separate the four
antennas.  They are 39' 6" tall with a humongous base loading coil.  Buyer
to pay shipping.  I have boxes.

In the above paragraph, the phasing lines are 3/4 wave long each for use
with 3/8 wave spacing between antennas on the corners.  The diagonal spacing
would be 135 feet.

It is not necessary to use 3/8 wave spacing.  One could use 1/4 wave
spacing.  Since the phasing lines are an odd  multiple of 1/4 wave, it isn't
critical.  However using 3/8 wave spacing gives one a bit lower takeoff
angle plus a slight bit more gain that the conventional 1/4 wave spacing.

73,

Charlie, W0YG..>>