[Towertalk] Newbie wanting tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Newbie wanting tower
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 08:13:07 -0600
As I have suggested many times before,
it helps to provide a COMPLETE and ACCURATE
DESCRIPTION of the problem when asking for advice.

How much SPACE do you have for a tower?

What do you want to put ON the tower?

How much are you willing / able to spend on the tower?

IMHO, a Properly GUYED Tower is the STRONGEST,
SAFEST, and most COST EFFECTIVE solution for
most people.  For modest antenna systems a Rohn 25
guyed tower from 40 to 60 ft provides good performance
on the High Frequency bands with modest antenna(s).

You may want to acquire an ARRL Handbook and
ARRL Antenna Book for reference if you don't have them.

Tom  N4KG