[Towertalk] Request for Assistance in Identifying Manufacturer of 60' Cr

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Request for Assistance in Identifying Manufacturer of 60' Crank-Up Tower
From: dyeaple@starband.net (David & Deborah Yeaple)
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 14:01:16 -0500
I recently purchased a 60' crank-up tower and am interested in determining
the manufacturer so that I might obtain specifications for the base, maximum
manufacturer and model number - and can direct me to documentation for this
tower.

The entire tower is galvanized steel and is in excellent condition with only
slight surface discoloration below the K1500(?) winch (which has rusted
badly and I will replace).  I have posted pictures at
http://dyeaple.mystarband.net/tower.htm.

Based on my conversation with the previous owner, I believe that the tower
was manufactured in the early 1980s.  I haven't been able to find any
manufacturer name or identifying part number on the tower.  It consists of 3
sections all of which have horizontal cross bracing of 1-1/4" wide straps
spaced at about 15-1/2" intervals.  There is no diagonal cross bracing.  The
lowest section of the tower is 19'9" in height and has a triangular cross
section of roughly 16-3/4".  The bolt pattern on the base of the tower is
designed to enable the tower to tilt.

When the previous owner and I removed the tower from its previous location,
the base for the tower had to be left behind as it was partially embedded in
concrete and had some rust so I can't offer any details on the bolt pattern
of the base.

Any assistance with identifying the make/manufacturer of this tower - and
some direction in finding appropriate documentation - would be greatly
appreciated.

Sincerely,

David Yeaple

mailto:dyeaple@odysseysoftware.com