[Towertalk] Anyone using Alfaspid or CATS RD-1800 rotors?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Anyone using Alfaspid or CATS RD-1800 rotors?
From: VE6JY Don Moman" <ve6jy@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca (VE6JY Don Moman)
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 00:59:01 -0000
Barry and I have exchanged a few emails regarding specific features of the
AlfaSpid rotator but I thought I'd mention a few things for the rest of the
reflector.  My first A/S unit has been up over 1 year, and the "test" case -
one turning a 3 el full size 40 home brew yagi @ 120' feet has only  a few
days to go until it too has been up for a year.  I currently have 7 of the
A/S units installed  and all are turning fairly large antennas - 48 foot
boom 10, 15 and 20m OWA style yagis in addition to the 3 el 40.  They are
working fine and it certainly is nice have to the accuracy and preset
function but most important - just the fact it turns and holds when I want
it to....

Some of my rotators are being used in side mount applications, with more to
be installed next year.  Models since August 2002 have the programmable
CW/CCW limit feature, which makes them ideal for this purpose.  An offset /
barn door style sidemount puts a lot of torque on the rotor!

We know the USA and many parts of Canada have been getting some pretty wild
weather this fall and winter so I too am interested to hear how our product
has survived - I haven't heard of any failures so far.

There is more info at http://alfaradio.ca/alfaspid.html for those
interested. The FAQ there should answer most of your questions but if you
have other questions you can contact me personally. We are also planning to
be at Dayton again this year.

73 Don
VE6JY