[Towertalk] TA-36 w/40 meter add on

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] TA-36 w/40 meter add on
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Mon Jan 27 15:15:25 2003
The TA33 traps are for 10 and 15 Meters, NOT 20M.
20M uses the full TA33 element out to the tips.

I see NO reason one could not set the 40M
extension between the CW and SSB settings.
Cushcraft has 3 settings on their loaded 40M
dipole and beams.

Tom  N4KG  (RF Engineer)

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003 11:21:37 -0500 JH <ultimatehat@worldnet.att.net>
writes:
> The traps are very big... much bigger than the 20 meter traps
> supplied with  the antenna.
> I'm planning on starting cleaning and reconstruction late
> February... after
> my trade show season ends AND  when it gets a little warmer in
> Florida!
> Using of the new antenna SWR checkers will make things a lot easier
> than  the old trial and error method.
> The consensus has been that an intermediate setting is not possible,
> however.
>
> At 09:33 PM 1/26/2003 -0600, you wrote:
> >The TA-40KR add on kit consists of two 20M traps
> >and aluminum extentions.  The extensions are tuned
> >to the desired lowest frequency of operation.  I 'assume'
> >they could be set 'between' the CW and SSB dimensions.
> >
> >Some people have tuned their PRO67 antennas for 30M
> >instead of 40M, using a separate 40M beam.
> >
> >Tom  N4KG
> >
> >On Wed, 22 Jan 2003 Jack <K4WSB@arrl.net> writes:
> > > I have a TA-36 and the 40 meter add on kit that will be going up
> in the very near future.
> > >
> > > According to the Mosley instructions there are only 2 settings:
> SSB or CW.
> > > Anyone had luck with a mid range configuration?
> > > Does adding the 40 meter kit change the settings at all?
> > >
> > > Any insite will be appreciated.
> > >
> > > Jack Hartley
> > > K4WSB
> > > ARRL - QCWA - OOTC