[TowerTalk] Full wave loop on 80m : Impedance 50 or 75 Ohms??

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Full wave loop on 80m : Impedance 50 or 75 Ohms??
From: realex@flash.net (realex)
Date: Tue Jan 28 20:19:50 2003
A vertically mounted full wave loop that is rectangular ( twice as high as
it is wide) will have a feedpoint
Z of around 40 ohms when fed in the center of the short side nearest the
ground.  Since you state your loop is
 horizontal and 1/8 wavelength high, I would think the feedpoint Z is less
than 40 ohms.  If that is the case,
the 50 ohm line is the better choice.
73, Bob, W5AH