[TowerTalk] Rising SWR Update

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rising SWR Update
From: tom@k4nr.org (Tom Branch)
Date: Tue Jan 28 21:55:54 2003
Greetings,

I ran a few more tests tonight.  I put the dummy load at the base of the
tower. No problems.  That rules out everything between the tower and the
shack. I ran 1 kw into the antenna and waited for the SWR to climb. As soon
as it reached 2:1,  I switch to one of the other sloper legs and the SWR
continues to climb off the meter.  That rules out the baluns.  The only two
things left are the Ameritron antenna switch and the coax running up the
tower.  I guess I'm going to climb the tower and bypass the antenna switch
and try it again.  Too late to climb tonight.  Anyone have issues with the
Ameritron RCS-8V?

Tom

tom@k4nr.org
http://www.k4nr.org