[TowerTalk] 40M beam

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40M beam
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Thu Jan 30 20:57:57 2003
If you mean FULL  SIZE elements, most of the 40M beam
that LAST start with 2 inch o.d. tubing at the center (some
with fairly thick wall tubing) and use reducers.

I'm VERY pleased with the performance of my (loaded / compromised)
Cushcraft 402CD with beefed up (double wall on the first sections
elements and dowel inserts at the boom center and ends).

The new CC XM240 is much heavier construction (2.5 inch boom
vs 2.0 and much better boom to element assemblies) but electrically
similar.

Tom  N4KG