[TowerTalk] Ideas needed on Roof mounting Rohn 25G

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ideas needed on Roof mounting Rohn 25G
From: geoffrey@jeremy.mv.com (Geoff)
Date: Tue Feb 4 11:56:19 2003
I didnt see anyone else offering assistance so I'll just offer my experience
on your issue.

Consider that SC has had its share of hurricanes for starters.

Many years ago I mounted 25G on a peak roof mount on  a multi level house.
Since I could not get to the rafters from the inside I opted for lag bolting
pressure treated 2 x 10's externally into the rafters with plenty of bolts
and sealing.
The tower then had 2 house brackets that I could reinforce from inside. A
bit of overkill possibly but I dont like waking up to ripping sounds.

There were 25' of tower above the top bracket plus 12' of mast. Antennas
were a  402BA, TH6 and 6el HG 6M.

This tower survived 12 years of  15 miles from the Atlantic weather. The
antennas werent always as lucky.

Geoff