[TowerTalk] Remote Antenna Switches

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Remote Antenna Switches
From: ve6jy@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca (VE6JY Don Moman)
Date: Tue Feb 4 14:15:48 2003
I would suggest using the encapsulated sealed relays such as the Potter and
Brumfield RKS-5DW-12 (about 8$ in Canada) or the lighter rated - and cheaper
($C2.50) Aromat JS1E-12v.  Both have given excellent service at legal limit
at HF, indoors and out for up to 10 years (so far) with no failures.

I have used them with several hundred watts at VHF with no problem but the
lead issue is just starting to show here and likely would not be too good at
UHF.

BTW the P&B RKS-5DW is a drop in replacement for the motor control relays in
the AlfaSpid rotator controller as well.

73 Don
VE6JY