[TowerTalk] stacking

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] stacking
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Mon Feb 10 09:25:04 2003
IMHO, 80 to 100 ft works very well on 20, 30, and 40M
AFTER  DARK.

IMHO, 80 to 100 ft SUCKS on 10, 12, 15, 17, 20M
when the SUN is UP.

110 to 120 ft places the second High Band lobe at
useful (higher) angles supported by the ionosphere
and has good low angles BUT has a DEEP NULL
in between that needs to be filled by a LOWER antenna.

40 to 60 ft is usually BEST when the sun is UP.

NO  SINGLE  HEIGHT will cover ALL the angles
supported by the ionosphere, especially on 10 to 20M.

If you INSIST on only one High Band Antenna,
I would put it at 60 ft with the 2L30/40 at 70-75 ft.

I would STRONGLY encourage a second tribander at 40 ft.

These recommendations ASSUME a LEVEL FOREGROUND.

Tom  N4KG  9BDXCC = 2878  with 15 antennas from 40 to 130 ft

On Sun, 09 Feb 2003 Dave Pomeroy <dave@dpomeroy.com> writes:
> How about a Steppir 3 element beam and a Force 12 EF-240/230.  How
> high
> should they be for best work and how far apart?  I haven't put up 2
> beams
> before so I'm not sure what the best way to go is.  Thanks for the
> advice.
>

> Dave Pomeroy K7DNP South East Washington

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com