[TowerTalk] NEW: lightweight yagi antenna for dxpedition/fielddayuse, co

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] NEW: lightweight yagi antenna for dxpedition/fielddayuse, construction guide available now
From: corneliuspaul@gmx.net (corneliuspaul@gmx.net)
Date: Mon Feb 17 07:12:20 2003
Hello,

As some of you might know, during the last years I have been experimenting
a lot with lightweight antennas made from fiberglass and wire, to be used
on various dxpeditions and portable activities.

The design of the highband antenna is now pretty much complete,
it is what I call the "spider beam".
This is the antenna I have been using during the 9H3MM, CS7T, CT3EE operations
in CQWW CW 2000-2001-2002.

The spider beam is a full size lightweight tribander (20-15-10m), weighs only
5.5kg (11lbs) and transportation length is 1.20m (4ft).
Gain and F/B ratio are equal to a typical full size tribander with 7m boom
length.

I have now finally managed to write a detailed step-by-step building
instruction
guide ("Heathkit style"), hopefully enabling everybody to build their own
copy of
this antenna and transferring some of the fun I have in portable operation.

Send me an eMail if you would like a free copy of the following PDF files:

- spider_specification_english.pdf
  technical data sheet of the spiderbeam, English language, 6 pages, 180kB

- spiderbeam_constructionguide_english.pdf
  step-by-step construction manual, English language, 23 pages, 600kB

(Files are also available in German language)

Or visit my website for some pictures and further information:
www.qsl.net/df4sa

73
Con DF4SA

www.qsl.net/df4sa