[TowerTalk] Re: Digging the hole

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Digging the hole
From: k5uj@hotmail.com (Rob Atkinson, K5UJ)
Date: Thu Feb 20 12:59:28 2003
I've never put up a tower of my own but if I were going to, I'd hire someone
with a backhoe.  At my place, there are so many rocks, bricks and chunks of
concrete below grade it took me 5 hours just to dig a little 2' x 2'x 3'
hole for my vertical.  Most of the time I wasn't actually digging--I was
loosening up chunks and hauling them out of the hole.  The auger I rented
was useless.

Rob Atkinson
K5UJ
k5uj@hotmail.com

Near the east bank of the Fox River, St. Charles, IL, USA.