[TowerTalk] Crank-Up Tower with Short Nested Height?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Crank-Up Tower with Short Nested Height?
From: wk6i@twistedoak.com (Jeff Stai WK6I)
Date: Sat Mar 1 17:51:01 2003
At 01:07 PM 3/1/2003, Michael Tope wrote:
>Does anyone make a crank-up tower that has a nested height of
>less than 20'? I live on a hillside and am anticipating the need to
>accomodate my neighbors view (a 20' tower would probably
>end up with the antennas at eye level from his front porch which
>looks across my property).
>
>Thanks,
>
>Mike, W4EF........................

hi Mike - Force 12 Low Profile Tower - they make a "1242" which is 12.5 feet
down, 42 feet up.

I've had the 8 foot/27 foot version for a couple years and I am quite happy
with it - very very easy to crank using a medium duty power drill: I can get
that sucker down in about 10-15 seconds if I need to!

73 - jeff wk6i

Jeff Stai               jds@twistedoak.com
Twisted Oak Winery      http://www.twistedoak.com/
Rocketry Org. of CA     http://www.rocstock.org/