[TowerTalk] vertical dipole for 3.8 MHZ

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] vertical dipole for 3.8 MHZ
From: gtucker@bostoneng.com (G.E. Tucker)
Date: Thu Mar 6 15:09:17 2003
You might try simply a horizontal dipole, using the 66 foot tower as center
support, and preferably getting the ends also up as high as possible (as
little V as possible). I'm using a 80M dipole that way; middle up about 65
feet and ends at 50 feet or so; I'm using tall trees for support. This
dipole works better for DX than a full size 80M wire vertical, with 52 x
130' radials, that I also have here.

73 George W5VU