[TowerTalk] Great circle bearing chart

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Great circle bearing chart
From: spelunk.sueno@prodigy.net (EUGENE SMAR)
Date: Mon Mar 17 12:56:52 2003
Tony:

     I used this site http://home.att.net/~katzmann/  to get to a freeware
program that printed out a Great Circle map centered on my QTH (well,
Washington, DC anyway.)  No prefixes listed.  Instead,  I laid out several
azimuthal lines from m QTH to the major DX areas (northern Europe, southern
Europe, eastern VK, JA, etc.)  I put the prefixes at the ends of the bearing
lines, outside the edge of the map.

     Also, FYI the site has a pretty interesting PDF on Edwin Armstrong's
original paper on FM technology.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F