[TowerTalk] Hazer comment

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hazer comment
From: joe@xyz.net (Joe - WL7M)
Date: Thu Mar 20 12:24:04 2003
May I echo John's comments.  I've used a 40 foot Rohn 25 tower with Hazer
here in Alaska for many years - works great.  I release two guys to drop
the antenna, then reattach them after it's down just to keep the tower
braced.  After working on the antenna, I reverse the process.  As John
suggests, I only work on the antenna when there is no wind.  No extra
mechanical complexity complexity that I can see.  Crank up towers have a
similar winch mechanism and I don't see people "shuddering" over them.  The
tower has withstood 125 mph wind gusts and I've never had any problems with it.

73,
Joe
WL7M