[TowerTalk] Idea Hamshack

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Idea Hamshack
From: blkcat28@atlantic.net (John Silberman)
Date: Mon Mar 31 08:17:55 2003
Don't forget:

Grounds, telephone within reach of the operating position, an intercom to where
ever the YL/XYL is so you don't have to jump up all the time, mini frig for
drinks and snacks so you don't
have to leave the room when P5 comes back,  LARGE 12 v truck battery on trickle
tied to your 12 v buss for emerg. power,  at least 1- 12 v light (car or boat
store)  to run off your emerg.
power (auto on),  file cabinet for manuals,  ladder line feed into the shack
(easy to put in now, much harder later) (you don't have to use it),
indoor/outdoor thermometer ( they always
ask ), Atomic clock (they're cheap now and you'll never have to worry about
your log time again), book shelves, small TV.  Get commercial/industrial MOVs
for the AC and telephone lines.
That's just a few off the top of my head.
GL  73,

John
KB4CRT