[TowerTalk] clamping old phillystand ????

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] clamping old phillystand ????
From: w7ry@centurytel.net (Jim W7RY)
Date: Tue Apr 1 08:57:39 2003
I respectfully disagree....!

I have some Philistran (4000 Lbs) that I purchased from Texas Towers about
10 years ago. The*** manufactures recommendations**** were to use 4ea 3/8"
wire rope clips to secure each end.

There was a plastic cap that you would glue to the open end of the phlli to
keep the ultraviolet out. I used about 25 feet of 3/16" EHS on the bottom
end.... A field fire (which was common in Spokane) would have burned the
Phily... Also for possible vandalism.

Worked fine on my 120' Rohn 25.

73 Jim W7RY