[TowerTalk] OT: Location Location?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] OT: Location Location?
From: ccc@space.mit.edu (Chuck Counselman)
Date: Fri Apr 4 19:54:43 2003
Phil Duff wrote:
>...older housing developments may have more liberal or no CC&R's
>regarding antennas.

I agree.

>...as a general rule...newer developments will be CC&R antenna unfriendly.

I agree again.

>Don't rely entirely on a realtor to provide the entire CC&R picture
>in many cases.

That's an understatement.  Don't trust a real estate agent _at_all_
about this.  No matter how clearly and absolutely and unequivocably I
state, orally *and* in writing, that I will not consider, I will not
look at, I do not want to _hear_ about any property with a tower
restriction, they still try to sell them to me.  A real estate agent
will tell you anything to make a sale.  Even a so-called "buyer's
agent."  Believe nothing they say.  They care about nothing but their
commissions.

>It might be worth it to procure a copy of ARRL's book that deals
>with many of these issues:
>
>Antenna Zoning for the Radio Amateur
>By Fred Hopengarten, K1VR

Another understatement.  You _must_ read this book.

-Chuck, W1HIS