[TowerTalk] Guy Post Install

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guy Post Install
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Sat Apr 5 16:45:47 2003
In a message dated 4/4/03 7:42:58 PM Pacific Standard Time, n5ito@arrl.net
writes:

> I'm in the final stages of erecting a 50' rohn 25G tower. Im looking for
>  information on how to set up the guy points at the ground. I'm planing on
>  using steel pipe of some sort and attaching the Turn buckles to them. Can
>  any one suggest what size pipe and the length to be buried and cemented to
>  provide a study ground point for the guys ?

    Are you talking standard diagonal orientation or an elevated guy?

    In any case, what does the manufacturer recommend (this is a trick
question)? Do you have a Rohn catalog for guy anchor specs (another trick
question)? How exactly are you going to attach the turnbuckles to the pipes?

    Pipe IS NOT suitable for elevated guys in most cases.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH -