[TowerTalk] Re: Location, Location

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Location, Location
From: w8aef@worldnet.att.net (Paul Playford)
Date: Mon Apr 7 19:05:37 2003
BUT - The CC&R's that are in effect when you look at the house may not be
the CC&R's that are in effect when you close on the house.  The only
protection you have is to stipulate that "buyer must approve CC&R's, if
any".  We were assured by the seller on one home that I could put up an
antenna because she was the original owner of the land and had hired the
developers to come in and she knew everything about the title.  Turned out
the developers had put the antenna clause in and she had signed off on it,
but didn't know what she was signing.  Another home the copy of the CC&R's
the developer provided said nothing about antennas, but at closing the
CC&R's prohibited outdoor antennas.  In both cases my "buyer must approve,
etc" clause saved me a LOT of money.

de Paul, W8AEF

ZF2TA  FO8DX  FO0PLA  8Q7AA  XZ0A