[TowerTalk] Recommended T-Bearing for a 25G

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Recommended T-Bearing for a 25G
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Wed Apr 9 16:45:49 2003
In a message dated 4/9/03 12:25:14 PM Pacific Daylight Time, k6rix@arrl.net
writes:

> My friend will need a bearing for the top of his 25G.  The top section
>  comes to a point so my thinking was to lower the rotor plate and install
an
>  accessory plate with the bearing mounted to it.  Or, is there a bearing
>  that goes over the top tube?

    For the typical 25G antenna load, you really don't need a thrust bearing.
Just put the mast thru the top tube and into the rotator and you'll be all
set.

    IMO the majority of TB users don't need them anyway. Most rotators can
take the mast/antenna load with no problem and are, in fact, designed to do
that.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH -