[TowerTalk] WX0B SixPak ?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] WX0B SixPak ?
From: kk9a@arrl.net (kk9a@arrl.net)
Date: Sun Apr 13 14:27:21 2003
You did not say what you are using to control the relays.  I've used a Top
Ten Band decoder, then diodes to also control band pass filters and finally
400' of 18ga wire to the tower.  Each of these devices caused a voltage loss
and there were times that the relays would not engage, always in a contest.
To cure the problem I build a relay box in the shack which the band decoder
controls.  The relays are double pole, one contact for the band pass filter
and one for the six pack.  This ensures that I have the full 13.8 volts
leaving the house and I have not had a problem with this configuration.  Jay
also sells a device that will increase the voltage on each relay line for
around $100.

John