[TowerTalk] Concrete suggestions

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Concrete suggestions
From: bruce@epocs.com (Bruce Miller)
Date: Wed Apr 16 16:57:15 2003
Use your concrete supplier as a resource.  Tell them the size of your
hole, not what you calculate the amount of concrete required.  Describe
to them the layout of your project. Their business is to sell concrete,
and you might be surprised to learn that your difficult access may not
be a problem to them. If you've chosen the right concrete outfit,
they'll do all this for you as a service to you.  That way, if they
miscalculate, they make it right on their nickel, not yours.  I learned
that the hard way when I told the concrete company how much concrete I
calculated would fill my tower hole.  I miscalculated and it cost me a
redelivery charge.  They'll do all that for you, and you will be
surprised what they can do.  Find out, too, if they will provide the
"mix master" thing that "stirs" the concrete, all the way to the bottom
of your hole.  I had to rent mine, but all that was figured out before
the concrete truck arrived.  Good luck!  Bruce, AA5BH