[TowerTalk] yaesu g-1000dxa

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] yaesu g-1000dxa
From: n4jbk@bellsouth.net (Joe Barnes)
Date: Fri Apr 18 10:59:22 2003
Yesterday my almost new ( installed in December) yaesu g1000 rotor did a new
trick, when turned it on the direction indicator moved about 45 to 50 degrees.
I can turn the rotor off and on and the indicator will move. I am using regular
rotor cable on either end and have soldered the pigtails to a 300 foot run of 6
conductor #6 wire. My first suspicion is a bad solder joint but was wondering
if anyone else has had such a thing happen and what was the fix? also does
anyone know of a place that has a good price on rotor wire (2-14 and 4 to 6 #16
to 18?) .

                                     Thank you, N4JBK