[TowerTalk] Lifting a TX472 off a semi & cost of pumping concrete inmy a

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Lifting a TX472 off a semi & cost of pumping concrete inmy area
From: n2mg@eham.net (Mike Gilmer, N2MG)
Date: Tue Apr 29 09:04:48 2003
>From personal experience, the amount of work that might be involved in
repairing a lawn should not be underestimated.  If even shallow
permanent ruts remain, they will be a constant reminder to your
neighbors... In addition, if the ground is wet/soft, the driver may not
elect to put his truck on it, or if he does, he might get stuck (then
the mess gets far worse).

You didn't say, but $450 sounds like about 5-6 yds (costs vary
geographically).  If you want to avoid ruining your neighbor's lawn
(and goodwill) you could rent either a small loader (Bobcat/Case -
about $200 a day near me) or a motorized wheelbarrow (Georgia Buggy to
some) to haul the stuff.  They can haul about a 1/4-yard at a time. If
you go this route, remember that the drivers will charge you if you
take too much time to unload the concrete.  You get maybe 10
minutes/yard then you go on the clock... another $60-$100/hour.

73 MIke N2MG

N8DCJ wrote:
following a thread concerning hauling/pumping concrete
from a week or two ago i checked into it in my area
and discovered that it isnt really feasible here.... i
have to go 250' plus... the pumping guys charge
$165/hr with 4 hour minumum.... $2.50 per/yd of
concrete... since its over 140' run they have to bring
in a second truck with a one time fee of $100, which
is roughly $780 just for the pumper plus the $450 for
concrete...so i guess i am going to have to get
permission from the neighbors to let me rut up their
yard since the septic system is between the road and
the tower base....