[TowerTalk] Length of Mast

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Length of Mast
From: K4BEV@aol.com (K4BEV@aol.com)
Date: Sat May 31 23:15:59 2003
In a message dated 5/31/03 20:49:16 Central Daylight Time, W4EF@dellroy.com
writes:

> How come you only see lightning rods on barns and not houses?

Coincidentally: My XYL and I were just noticing an array of lightning rods on
two houses in town today. The 2 houses are at the lowest place in town... It
usually floods there if we have any rain to speak of.
We were wondering - Why these two houses?
Seems like the houses up on hills would be more likely to be hit, but could
it be that the saturated ground is what the lightning likes? Or possibly a very
good lightning rod salesman (salesperson?) came through town a while back.

Still wondering,
Don - K4BEV