[TowerTalk] HDR-300 Rebuild

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HDR-300 Rebuild
From: va3mw@portcredit.net (VA3MW - Port Credit)
Date: Sun May 4 15:19:35 2003
All

I'm rebuilding a HDR-300 that I got as a basket case.  Unfortunately, I've
never seen one totally together and I have some questions.

I'm pretty sure that I'm missing the ring on the output shaft that bears all
the load of the mast (so to speak--this is the job the thrust bearing should be
doing).  Is there anything special about this keeper ring on the output shaft.
From what I can tell, this ring is just about the flat bearing.

Also, I'm open to recommendations on what else I should be doing why I have
this all over the bench.

Who ever took this apart, also removed the nylon gear for the pot and the arm
for the limit switch.  I'm pretty I can get this reinstalled with little or no
effort.

Lastly, there seems to be a short shaft missing from the bottom of the Pot to
the casting.  There was no sign of this part, and Hy-Gain doesn't show it in
their exploded diagrams.  Is this required?

Many thanks in advance...

Mike VA3MW

DX Cluster telnet://va3mw.homeip.net:41112